Note: Most of this material has NOT been updated in recent months, and Kavi documentation itself has moved into our new Knowledge Base.
This, coupled with Product Announcements and Release Notes available in our HelpDesk forums, along with our Training Videos, provides you with what you'll need to administer Kavi's current suite of applications.
If you've reached this page in error, please visit these alternate resources now, thanks!
- Kavi Application Manuals
- Kavi Application Summaries
- Release Notes and Changelogs
- Release and Feature Histories
- Feature Briefs
- White Papers
Kavi Application Manuals
- Getting Started - Kavi Products and Online Help
- Kavi Billing - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Commerce - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Edit - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Groups - HTML
- Kavi Mailing List Manager - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Members - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Status Tracker - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Showcase - HTML | PDF
- Kavi Glossary
Kavi Application Summaries
- Kavi Billing & Kavi Commerce Applications Summary (53K PDF)
- Kavi Members Application Summary (70K PDF)
- Kavi Groups Application Summary (105K PDF)
Release Notes and Changelogs
- Kavi July 2008 Release Notes Rollup (120K PDF)
- Kavi Billing - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Commerce - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Edit - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Groups - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi KOrg - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Mailing List Manager - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Members - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi Showcase - Release Notes | Changelogs
- Kavi WebApps - Release Notes | Changelogs
Policies and Procedures
Release and Feature Histories
Historical data on application releases and associated feature additions.
- Kavi Groups Releases Over Time (PDF)
- Kavi KOrg Releases Over Time (PDF)
- Kavi Managed Platform/Hosting Development Releases Over Time (PDF)
- Kavi Members Releases Over Time (PDF)
- Kavi Showcase Releases Over Time (PDF)
Feature briefs shows you how to get the most out of your Kavi products.
- Mailing List Moderation in Kavi Groups (264K PDF)
How to use mailing list moderation features in your organization.
- Mailing List Subscriptions in Kavi Groups (140K PDF)
Control who can subscribe to your organization's mailing lists.
- Using Really Simple Syndication (RSS) For Group Communication (440K PDF)
Kavi Groups makes extensive use of RSS feeds. Learn how to make these work for you.
How Kavi applications and solutions can support your standards organization's goals and processes.
- Reducing the Costs of Standards Activities (318K PDF)
An analysis of the costs of developing and promoting standards and the values and efficiencies that tailored IT solutions can deliver to the development and approval processes.
- Operating Policies and Procedures; Engineering a Process for Standards Setting Success (196K PDF)
A tutorial on how to design a process for standards setting that takes into account important internal and external factors unique to each consortium.
- Technology Infrastructure for Standards Consortia (84KB PDF)
Applying Best Practices is a Kavi authored white paper on putting policy into daily practice, achieving high operational performance levels, and responsibly governing a standards consortium.
- Moderated Sign Up - a Process for Ensuring Compliance with Consortia Policies and Procedures (152KB PDF)
Explores why having a signed membership agreement and IPR policy on file before allowing participation is crucial for technical standards organizations. This paper describes a process for ensuring compliance with consortia legal documents and policies.
New Kavi SLAs
- The Kavi Support Level Agreements page outlines our processes, timeframes, priority levels and contact information and links to Kavi's two published SLAs: Premium and Basic.